PDA

View Full Version : New Problem...

Dafreak
05-21-2006, 10:14 AM
My water seems to be circulating but the filters do not seem to be working. My auto pool vac is not working either. How could the pumps be working and the water circulating but the pool vac and the filters not? The filters are not sucking in any water. Basically the water is being circulated, I assume from the drain/exchange in the deep end of the pool. I dont get it?

CarlD
05-21-2006, 12:04 PM
Something is blocked or turned off.

Or your water isn't pumping. Do you feel strong pressure at the return? If not, then the pump isn't getting water.

It could be as simple as your 6-way valve is not set to "filter".

Dafreak
05-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I am not sure what the return is but there are two jets in the pool. One has water coming out of it at a decent clip and the other does not. All lines are open and the 6 way valve is set to filter. Could the main filter (the one that looks like a well tank) be clogged/full? Do I need to backwash? Everything was working for a day or so and now it is not. The pool had a lot of leaves in it too. There is no pull whatsoever from the skimmers/filters in the pool. I do not know what to do? Can the motors be damaged?

Dafreak
05-21-2006, 08:49 PM
All is well. I had quite an education today. Thanks to all. My filter going into my motor was clogged with leaves/worms-big time. Ive emptied it three times in the last 4 hours and the pool has come further in those 4 hours then it has over the last 4 days. Truly amazing. I backwashed as well.

aylad
05-22-2006, 09:05 AM
You might want to try skimmer socks--they fit over the basket in your skimmer, and you'd be AMAZED at what they'll catch before they get to the pump basket!
Janet