PDA

View Full Version : How and what do I use to increase stabilizer in my pool

Bobbyg
05-29-2012, 08:22 AM
I am having an issue keeping chlorine in my pool even after shocking to above 20 it is gone the next day. I normally use bleach as my chlorine. I tested the CYA level yesterday and it is about 5 which I think is the issue. What do I use to bring my CYA level up? If I start using chlorine pucks will that help or is there a way to add stabilizer?

I have a 23,000 gallon in ground rectangular pool with a vinyl liner

Thank you in advance.

aylad
05-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum!!

You can add stabilizer via tabs, but it will take a long time. I would just add straight stabilizer--you can get it at WalMart, Home Depot, Lowe's, pools stores, etc. It's often labeled "conditioner", "balancer", or "stabilizer", but look at the ingredient list--if you see cyanuric or isocyanuric acid as the ingredient, that's what you're looking for.

You can either add it through the skimmer, but not backwash/clean your filter for 4-5 days because it takes awhile to dissolve, or you can put it in an old sock and suspend it in front of a return and let it dissolve there.

Bobbyg
05-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Thank you for the quick response I will do that tonight when I get home from work.