PDA

View Full Version : hello and thanks!

daigie
05-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Hey all,
I found this website by doing the old Google search(thanks Google!) I have a 18' round above ground pool. I installed it about 6 years ago. I do top it off with well water each spring and it usually turns green/blue (high copper).
This year it turned brown and after reading on a few other websites they all said it was iron! I was a bit skeptical about that ( being familiar with the fact I have high copper not iron and it never did this before). I came to your website and the first thing you always ask is for pool readings and type of pool you have. I felt comfortable instantly with the way you give advice(not giving any until you have all the facts!)
So I read a bunch of the posts on algae (which is what I thought I have) and found your recommendations of using bleach instead of pool companies chemicals, well i have put 2 gallons of shock in the pool in the last 2 days and tried the bleach today. About 2 hours after I put in a gallon of bleach the water has turned from brown to the usual blue green that I normally deal with when opening the pool. I know I jumped the gun with self diagnosing the problem from reading other peoples problems but I guess I got lucky...
I plan on buying a proper water tester from your recommended site and plan on contributing to the website(it would have been the $ i spent at the pool place to clear up the algae problem). I am anxious to look around the rest of the site to see what else I can do to get better pool water quality. So once again I say thank you!

Steve

Watermom
05-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Hi, Steve, and welcome to the Pool Forum. Hope you enjoy being a part of it!

daigie
05-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi, Steve, and welcome to the Pool Forum. Hope you enjoy being a part of it!
Thanks watermom! I cannot get access to any of the forums and links on the bottom of your post. Do you know why?

Thanks,
Steve

Watermom
05-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Until your registration is complete, you'll need to log out to be able to see the rest of the forum and links. Only a temporary inconvenience, however.

PoolDoc
05-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Registration upgraded. Ben