PDA

View Full Version : Pool Finishes

PD2911
05-24-2012, 08:29 PM
My pool build started on Tuesday and I need to choose a color for my pool finish. Do any of you have Aqua Mini Pearl brand for your finish? Also does anyone have the color Bermuda Isle as your finish?
Thanks for helping a gunite pool newbie

PoolDoc
05-24-2012, 10:52 PM
PD;

I just need to caution you, that even if you do get a response, there's no guarantee that someone's "Bermuda Isle" finish -- as done in California will be the same as your "Bermuda Isle" done in Alabama

I can tell you that the pools with the bluest, clearest looking water have white gunite. Most people don't realize that very clear, very clean water IS blue, very blue. Colored pools tend to look somewhat muddy by comparison.

I can also tell you that colored pool finishes add significantly to water temperature, anywhere from 2 -10 degrees. And in S. Alabama, it's not hard to warm a pool in April with a heat pump or solar heater, but it's very hard to cool one down in July, when the water hits 92 degrees!

PD2911
05-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Thank you for the reply, great info!!
Are you referring to white plaster,when you say "white gunite"?

PoolDoc
05-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Yes, I was just being careless.

waterbear
05-28-2012, 01:01 PM
I agree that white finish produces the bluest water. Just look at my avitar. My pool is white fiberglass, my spa is grey with blue speckles. the spa looks 'muddy' by comparison!