PDA

View Full Version : Test results - pool is green still

lora13
05-20-2006, 11:01 AM
I've learned alot here - enough to think I know what is going on... am I misunderstanding something?

I have a green, can't see to the bottom of the 3' end, 18x36 vinyl IG pool with these numbers (using the new PS234):

FC: 12.5 (I added bleach after this reading - it was at 21 last night)
CC: 0
TC: 12.5
Ph: 7.5
Alk: 90 (was 40 - put baking soda in last night)
Calcium: 25 (but doesn't matter in vinyl, right??)
CY: 40-90?? (I am having trouble knowing if I still see the black dot - but I figure I as long as I am in the Best Guess Cl range for those numbers?? Trying to keep 20ppm shock?)

Now my question - should it still be green? Should it be turning white or something? Is there a higher limit for starting-up - should I be going higher with the bleach? With the CC at 0, doesn't that mean everything is supposed to have been killed?

This green looks alot like my old above ground's yellow algae - kinda glowing - like the yellow in the water against the blue liner background, glowing green... I used the Mustard algae stuff very effectively for that (there was 1 brand that worked - I know it when I see it - but don't have any here to tell you what was in it) Should I go ahead and get some of that? (I always thought it was somehow related to having so many oak trees around??)

Notes: It was covered, no leaves are in it!!:) Backwashing several times a day, the filter is working...

Thanks... oh wait! Another question - shouldn't I be able to get into the member area of pool solutions? I sent Ben a private message asking for access - should I have included my e-mail address, along with my user name & kit serial number?? Am I missing something? I have been patient - I know Ben is super-busy:D - but there is always a very good chance I didn't send him what he needed.