PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to adjust the pH

wetwolf
05-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Well we are a few days away from having a hole in red clay to having a pool.

Quick question - we are having water delivered - I have a private well and do not want to drain 10k gallons from it - generally how long does it take to get the water ph etc correct? We are doing a salt water pool.

Thanks,
Lance

Watermom
05-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Not long. Do yourself a favor and go ahead and order a good test kit. Get the Taylor K-2006 or 2006C from the testkit link in my signature below. That way you'll have it ready to use when you get your pool. Is this an above ground pool? If so, are you aware that having as SWCG on an above ground pool generally voids the warranty?

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

aylad
05-22-2012, 10:16 PM
It doesn't take long, if you know what you're doing. You'll need a reliable set of test results (drop-based kit, please--no strips!!) so that you know where you're starting from. You will definitely need salt and CYA, and a good test kit (see the link in my sig). You'll also need some plain, unscented bleach, or chlorine granules to chlorinate with while you get your chemistry straight. Besides that, you use Borax to raise pH and baking soda to raise TA if you need to, but we won't know that until you run a set of tests on your water.

Welcome to the forum!!

wetwolf
05-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks....it is not above ground just a not very big inground

PoolDoc
05-26-2012, 06:31 AM
member status upgraded --