PDA

View Full Version : Aiming the eyeball

RobDHW
05-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Ok, so I've got a rectangular in-ground pool. approx 13.5' x 24'. The shallow end is 3' deep and the deep end is 5' deep. There's not only a slope from the shallow to deep end, but a slope from the deep end walls@ 3' to the center of the deep and at 5'. Hard to describe… The skimmer & return are on the same 13.5' wall.

I'm trying to figure our where best to aim the eyeball so that cr*p stops missing the filter. I know I get full circulation, but dirt seems to get suspended in the water, and just goes around & around. It never comes to the top, so it never gets sucked into the skimmer. I've been out there w/ my net, which isn't so bad, but I do have other things to do w/ my time (unfortunately).

Any ideas?

Rob

AnnaK
05-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Have you heard of the PoolSkim? Here's a link to ours: http://ellerbach.com/Pool/PoolSkim/ . It is attached to the return and does an amazing job catching floating debris. If you have just the one return and need it to hook up a cleaner it could be a bit of a hassle to put it on and take it off. I never looked for a quick connect system because we don't need the one return we have.

Before we bought the PoolSkim and used the eyeball we aimed it slightly below the water surface and away from the skimmer, but ours is an oval pool, different circulation.

RobDHW
05-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks Anna, but that's not really what I'm after.
Rob