PDA

View Full Version : Pool phosphates high

spawn1980
05-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Hello! I just came from the pool store and they told me my phosphates was high is there a cheap way to lower it?

Free Available Chlorine 8
Total Av Chlorine 8
Hardness 220
Acid 50
Alkalinity 80
PH 7.4
Copper 0
Iron 0
Dissolved Solids 2400
phosphates 300

Hope this helps

aylad
05-21-2012, 05:51 PM
LOL, yeah, the cheapest way is....don't worry about it!!! :) Phosphate removers were the latest craze last year, recommended by all pool stores, because they don't make an appreciable difference in the water, but I'm thinking they have a pretty good profit margin. In theory, phosphates are algae food. But...if you keep your chlorine at the appropriate levels and don't let algae grow in the pool, then it really doesn't matter what your phosphate level is. Besides, if what they've reported to you is correct, there are folks on this forum with WAY higher levels than that with absolutely no problems at all.

spawn1980
05-21-2012, 05:56 PM
But is it safe to swim in? I can't see the floor! lol I sweep and vac and clean the filter all the time

PoolDoc
05-21-2012, 06:24 PM
But is it safe to swim in? I can't see the floor!

Different question; different answer: as a general rule, if you can't see the bottom, it's not safe.

WHY can't you see the bottom? What's gone wrong? What is your stabilizer level? What kind of pool do you have?