PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the tiles around the rim of the pool?

bortoldr
05-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Glad to see the site back up and running!!! I'm getting ready to prep my in ground pool for the summer and was wondering how folks went about cleaning their tiles around the rim of their pools. I bought some tile/vinyl cleaner and figured that should do the trick, but just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be dealing with any issues concerning chemicals using this product. The label says it won't be an issue, but I'd rather hear from the folks who've actually done it before.

THANKS in advance for your help!

Darryl

DavidD
05-20-2006, 08:40 AM
I've never used the tile cleaner before. What's in it? As long as it doesn't bubble or foam up when scrubbing you're probably OK.
Our tile is also in need of cleaning and I think I've talked the wife into doing it today. :cool: My Alk & PH are on the low sides (90/7.2) so I plan on using a solution of baking soda & water. What I've done in the past is just float around the perimeter scrubbing while the baking soda & water bucket is on the edge. It can make a mess on the concrete coping however it is easily rinsed off. The trick we discovered last year is to rinse the tile thoroughly by sloshing pool water on it