PDA

View Full Version : I shock at night, but sometimes...

Tyrone Shuz
05-19-2006, 01:22 PM
my schedule or the weather won't allow it.

I know sunlight degrades chlorine in a hurry, but what if it's cloudy?

Is it daylight in general, or merely bright sunshine that sucks the Cl out of a pool?

aylad
05-19-2006, 04:26 PM
In my opinion, it's better to shock in daylight if your pool needs it, than to postpone it just to wait for dark....

Janet

xoroniox
05-19-2006, 07:12 PM
I believe it is the UV rays from the sun that degrades the CL therefore if i am correct it wont matter if it is sunny or cloudy UV rays go through clouds. I totally agree if your pool needs CL do not wait, however if you have a low CL level i would wait until dark, i always do. i hope i am correct here, lol ... goodluck :)

Tyrone Shuz
05-30-2006, 01:32 AM
I believe it is the UV rays from the sun that degrades the CL therefore if i am correct it wont matter if it is sunny or cloudy UV rays go through clouds. I totally agree if your pool needs CL do not wait, however if you have a low CL level i would wait until dark, i always do. i hope i am correct here, lol ... goodluck :)

That sounds right, but does anybody know for sure?

Now that my pool is open and stable, I can find an evening to do it. It's just that spring start-up when the pool is like a green baby, needing constant attention till it turns blue.