PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find BaquaPure Water Polishing Disks

brownnt
05-19-2006, 08:14 AM
I have an above ground pool with a BaquaPure Filtration System. One of the 'extras' I have on this filter is a container attached where I can place these water polishing disks and it automatically deposits the chemical in the pool for a period of about a month. But I have searched the entire internet and can not find any place I can purchase them. I no longer have the box they came in, I can only go by what is written on the dispenser on the filter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

waterbear
05-19-2006, 06:43 PM
The BaquaPure sand filter was manufactured by Waterway Plastics. I don't believe they make it any more. You might want to contact them for more info
http://www.waterwayplastics.com/

The 'water polishing canister' in the manual for the filter looks very much like their ClearWater off line chlorinator model in their current catalog. What chemical did it add to the water?

Since this filter was originally made for 'pushing' the use of Biguinide sanitizer such as Baquacil perhaps it was a dispenser for something similar to the Baquacil filter aid which is used to 'polish' cloudy or dull water. (In other words, standard biguinide water:rolleyes:)

What sanitizer are you currently using in your pool?

brownnt
05-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Oh my gosh. I have no idea. I use Baquacil in my pool. They have tablets but the ones I used before looked like a donut, and I placed them on a spindle in this canister. I am not sure if the 'tablets' by baquacil are the same thing. Does what you have work with Baquacil?

waterbear
05-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Like I said I would recommend you contact Waterway for info. I tend to stay away from biguinide and I personally do not recommend it.The info on the Baquacil filter aid is on the Baquacil website. Perhaps they (Arch Chemical) can give you some info.

godstreasures1
05-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Rec Warehouse in Macon, Georgia carrys those. A friend of mine has a Baqua pool also and she gets hers there. They are not on there wewbsite you have to call them and order.