PDA

View Full Version : chlorine ph problem

c2d1700
05-13-2012, 11:37 AM
I can't seem to lower my Ph. I'm using hth test kit. I shocked my pool and ran the filter for 24 hrs but my chlorine level is 0 when I tested it in the evening.
I have 13433 gallons 16x 33 x 4.5 plaster. My ta is 160

czechtranslation
05-13-2012, 03:17 PM
If you are in AZ and have Leslies pool shop close by, use their free water testing service, I found it to be accurate and they give you computer printout. This will give you better idea what is going on in your pool and then you can play with the full deck and decide how to fix your pool problem.

Watermom
05-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Can you give us some actual current water testing numbers, please? That will make it a little easier for someone here to advise you.

PoolDoc
05-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Unfortunately, I need to contradict what you were told by our new member, czech . . . -- it's not that he's necessarily wrong, it's just that he's not necessarily right. We have had reports of Leslie's dealers that were providing accurate tests, but we also have reports of the just the opposite. And from what we can tell, Leslie's has a high employee turn-over, so even if the one nearest you WAS providing good tests, you have no way of knowing whether they've just hired a new bozo and let him do the tests.

There ARE good pool stores, but our general rule remains true: to find them, you have to learn to test the water yourself, so you can check them . . . but then you don't need them nearly so much.

If you are on a tight budget, see if you can find an HTH 6-way (must be that SPECIFIC model) testkit at Walmart, OR check the test kit page in my signature, and order a K-2006. (Shipping, from all the suppliers, seems to be somewhat slow at the moment.)