PDA

View Full Version : First Test Results

pinkivory_99
05-18-2006, 07:23 PM
This is an excellent site for beginners and seasoned pool owners. Thanks to the pool cleaner forum my Polaris is back to cleaning the whole pool with just a minor adjustment.
Received the test kit several weeks ago, first glance was how will I ever figure all these bottles out. After reading the instructions on the inside of the lid farlily straight forward.
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Ben. The instructions state to email him your user ID and test kit serial number but it is not printed in the instructions.
Well anyway here are the first numbers:
FC 4.5
CC .5
TC 5.0
PH 7.3
ALK 90
CAL 190
CYA 60
Temp 84 (water)

Any comments would be appreciated, In ground plaster pool 6 years old, 21,500 gallons, sand filter, 3" chlorine puck holder, had nature II until this year. After reading the PoolForum decided I did not need to spend the 90 plus dollars this season for the cartridge
Jim G.

duraleigh
05-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi, Jim, You can email Ben (I think) simply by clicking on his username in any post and a window will appear giving you several options....including email.

Those are nice numbers. If you're using pucks, you might raise your CYA too high. You might try a drum of CalHypo which would kill two birds with one stone....no CYA and some Calcium. I'd consider using it 'til my Ca reading got up around 250 or so. Good move on the Nature II.

What's the link on that pool cleaner forum...any decent info there?

pinkivory_99
05-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Hey Dave S.
Thanks for the reply, I guess I should have been more clear about the pool cleaner. I read the advice on this sight in the Pool cleaner section of the forum. Sorry about the confusion. The fix was easy just had to adjust the direction control to 11:00 o'clock the tube was sticking straight out so it would not forceit to turn.
Jim G.