PDA

View Full Version : PoolBrand product reviews

agripnt
05-07-2012, 10:42 PM
I was curious if anyone has used the Sams club 3" chlorine tabs? They are labeled "PoolBrand". I have read about the fact that there are only a few actual manufactures or tabs in the US, and wonder if these are from one of them.

Thanks!

Watermom
05-07-2012, 11:18 PM
The PoolBrand trichlor tabs sold by Sam's are fine to use and also at a pretty good price. Some trichlor tabs currently being sold have other undesirable ingredients in them such as copper, but the PoolBrand ones do not.

Welcome to the Pool Forum, by the way!

agripnt
05-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the reply. My dilemma was the PoolBrand at Sam's which are selling locally for $89.98 for 40# , or the Pool Time at Home depot which are locally $67.98 for 25#. Per somewhere on this site I think I read that the Pool Time were nearly the same as the very expensive bioguard tabs... I was just worried the PoolBrand tabs might not be a good quality at such a good price point.

aylad
05-08-2012, 03:09 PM
The PoolBrand is equally as good--and if you check the Pool Time ingredient label, I think you'll find copper listed as an ingredient, which you don't want in your pool...

Janet

PoolDoc
05-08-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure whether you are a spammer with a pool, or merely guilty of not maintaining adequate security on your Gmail account. But your email address has been used in forum spam repeatedly over the past year.

agripnt
05-09-2012, 12:51 PM
I have been working with a moderator in email to assure that I am not the spammer and a victim of someone using my email address in their posts. Thanks for doing such a good job of keeping spam off the forums, it makes them so much more usable.

PoolDoc
05-09-2012, 03:15 PM
That would be me . . . and I removed all the blocks.