PDA

View Full Version : clormatic cm601 chlorinator cell

spitzformk
05-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Anybody have a useful test guide for clormatic cm601 chlorinator? The Jandy folks haven't been much help. Also, any sources for a "reconditioned" cell would be appreciated. Thanks

keastman
05-19-2006, 01:06 PM
What do you mean by test guide? I've never seen reconditioned cells available. You can still get them made for the Clormatic if you search on line. Huron Industries made them. You can get info on them at their web site. If you call Jandy, use the prompt to get you to tech services for dealers and installers, I found the homeowners tech service people not very helpfull. I'm changing out my Clormatic unit piece by piece to Jandy's model. Note that the Aquapure cell will work for the Clormatic III but will require replumbing because the unions are reversed compared to the Clormatic cell. So, buying a Clormatic replacement cell saves the plumbing hassle. You can buy a new Aquapure 1400 for around $700 online, a replacement cell cost close to $500, you may want to consider a whole new unit.

spitzformk
05-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Keastman:

Thanks for the note and info. The problem symptoms are the "service" amber light on and the alarm beeps about every 30 seconds, with an error code of either 121 or 120 on the lcd display. This cell has me a bit baffled because according to the tech info (which I obtained by posing as a pool service type) there should be 32-38 volts dc on the cable when disconnected from the cell. Instead I measure about 11 volts dc when disconnected and 38 volts when connected. I already changed the back board (printed circuit board) and same symptoms. Guess it must be the cell but sure hate to gamble on it for $510. If you or anyone else reading this has any ideas, I welcome them. Thanks very much.

Ken

keastman
05-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Ken, I'm sure you are aware, the 121 and 120 are low votage at the cell warnings. First thing they'll tell you is to clean the cell and make sure you have the proper salt level, next step is to replace the cell. I had that warning last summer when we bought a place with a pool with a Clormatic. At that point Hurnon was still making them and that's what their tech guys told me. It was still producing good CL at a reasonable setting so I kept running it through the winter and it along with my trisensor crapped out his spring, so that's why I'm replacing everything. Try calling the tech service line of Jandy and choose the builders and installers prompt, then explain to them that the homeowners service guys weren't much help to you. They might give you the info you need. That's what I did and they were very helpful. Here's a web site that will get you a cell for less than you posted, also other parts for rebuilding. But by the time you are done, the $699 on Ebay for new Jandy 1400 looks pretty good. http://www.a1poolparts.com/Search.bok?category=Salt+Water+Chlorinators%3ARepl acement+Parts

Ganyonman
06-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I've got the Clormatic 601 and replaced the cell with the Jandy 1400 for about $400 on ebay. My system is roughly 6 years old and it seems that the wheels are starting to come off. This year the flow sensor died and now I'm getting error 124 so I've ordered a new back board. Any one else had error 124? Do you know if any other symptoms can cause this error?