PDA

View Full Version : How salty is SWG pool.... Answered!

RocKKer
05-18-2006, 12:07 AM
I did some playing around with my Leslies drop type salt test kit tonight and found I can approximate pretty closely the saltyness of my pool.

I found that 2 1/2 cups of water mixed with 1/4 tsp of normal table salt gives approximately 3000 ppm. Make sure the water and salt are level (not crowned) to the tops of the measuring devices, with the small quantities involved, it really makes a big difference.

You can only grossly approximate the saltyness of the pool because of the small quantities of water and salt but at least this will give you an idea of how it might be.

Hope this helps any of you who have/are deciding on an SWG, but don't have it going yet.

mwsmith2
05-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Good idea. However, you might want to try it with kosher salt. I've heard that the iodizing has a tendency to make it taste somewhat metallic. Don't know this for sure, but just food for thought! :D

Michael

brent.roberts
06-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Good idea. However, you might want to try it with kosher salt. I've heard that the iodizing has a tendency to make it taste somewhat metallic. Don't know this for sure, but just food for thought! :D

Michael

so is it the iodized salt or the kosher salt that's good for the brain (food for thought)

Simmons99
06-09-2006, 01:44 PM
:) iodized - and it helps the thyroid