PDA

View Full Version : buying house with salt water pool and a fafco solar system any advice?

dirtfrmr
04-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Just new to this need info especially on solar system and pool service.

roy

aylad
04-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Hello dirtfrmr, and welcome to the forum!

Do you have any specific questions? It's hard for us to give info if we're not sure exactly what you're looking for....

dirtfrmr
04-22-2012, 12:04 AM
they say it leaks on the roof, i assume it is the pipes detrioarating from the arizona sun. It is salt water pool just don't know about the care of the pool and the solar system. it was installed about3 years ago, warranty transfer, i am not sure if it is a money pit or not.

How long should i think a fafco solar system last. It is 3 years old, in chandler az.

Poolsean
04-22-2012, 05:11 PM
If it's under warranty still, I would contact the pool builder or the warranty center. It may be worth while to pay for a session with their service manager to get training on your system, so you know what you have. You can also post photos of your equipment set and all the fine experts here can give you further instructions. You can also review all the past information on this site, which is very useful for successfully taking care of your pool yourself.

Watermom
04-22-2012, 08:07 PM
If you want to send photos, send them to poolforum@gmail.com and reference the url of this thread so they can be put in the right place.

dirtfrmr
04-23-2012, 02:42 PM
thanks will do when we close on the house in late may. My questions were with the solar system and the leaks and wondering if this was a common maintence issue? I assume that i will have to learn about salt water pool care as I have had experience with an above ground pool in Wisconsin which is a much different climate. Thanks for your response

rh

PoolDoc
04-23-2012, 05:40 PM
My questions were with the solar system and the leaks and wondering if this was a common maintenance issue?

Given the number of pictures I have, of pool pump/valve/filter pads with disconnected solar systems . . . I'd say, "Yes!"

dirtfrmr
04-24-2012, 01:18 AM
thank you