PDA

View Full Version : My Pump Just Died

onemsmom
04-16-2012, 10:50 PM
This question is rewritten from the "Testing and Adjusting" section, so sorry for the multiple post, but I have a 13,000 gal above ground with a Hayward C900. In a previous thread from a long time ago, "Al" had recommended a Hayward Superpump SP2600X5 1/2 HP for my pool. Two questions:

Do you still recommend this pump (that post was almost a year old)? If so,

Do you guys already know the least expensive place to order this pump? It's around $339 on Amazon.

Thanks so much! I want to get this ordered before my pool turns green!

Jennifer

Poconos
04-17-2012, 12:06 AM
I think that pump is the one Watermom has and it's still going running fine after probably 5 years and sitting outside in the elements. As for the best price I have no clue. I'd just Google it and find the best bottom line price and in stock for immediate shipping.
Al

mas985
04-17-2012, 11:44 AM
If price is an issue, you could go with an above ground pump. They tend to be a little cheaper and cost less to run than an in-ground pump. The Pentair 3/4 HP Optiflo has about the same head curve as the Superpump and is less expensive. It also comes with a cord:

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/poolsupplies/poolpumps/products/347984.htm?ecmpid=CMPGB&adtype=free

Watermom
04-17-2012, 06:21 PM
The best thing about my pump is it is self-priming! My previous pump was an AG pump and I had constant priming issues! Plus, the pump basket lid on this pump is WAY easier to open that the old one.