PDA

View Full Version : Buying an above ground pool...online

springer01
04-16-2012, 02:01 PM
I have been researching for several weeks here now. This will be our 3rd AGP the first two were intex, first was a 10' quick set top ring pool and the last was a 15' ultra frame pool which we had last year. The liner on the 15' pool split and I had the Walmart extended warranty on it, so they sent me a check to replace it last week.

We are now considering a better/bigger AGP thinking of going 21' as this is as big as I can go and still be able to completely get around pool. Anyways just wondering if anyone has experience with inyopools.com they have some really reasonable prices, best I have found so far. Thinking of buying a hybrid or resin pool from them and wanted to know if anyone has one of there pools?

Thanks
Tanner

PoolDoc
04-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Dunno about Inyo -- somebody else does, I'm sure.

But you might look at the Intex Ultra series as well. Those have the benefit of being self-installable, which is NOT a quality of standard AG pools. Not to say *you* can't do it, but they are designed to be installed by pros.

You can see the whole series, here: http://www.intexcorp.com/index.php/home/above-ground-pools/ultra-frame-pools.html

And here's one at Amazon:
Intex 54979EG 24' x 12' x 52" Rectangular Ultra Frame Pool (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004DCANNK/poolbooks)

If you were to buy at Amazon, watch out for the jump-off from Amazon's website; you can end up buying from a 3rd party without realizing it. That's not bad, but it does add some additional risk, though probably not any more than buying directly from Inyo. Also, with the Intex, you'll probably end up spending $300 - $600 on a bigger pump and a skimmer.

That may not be what you want, but it gives you a place to begin comparing from.

kelemvor
04-16-2012, 04:32 PM
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Inyo_Swimming_Pool_Supplies

springer01
04-16-2012, 08:51 PM
PoolDoc, our 15' pool was an Ultra Frame by Intex, we enjoyed it, but are looking to upgrade. I feel confident I can install an AGP have a mechanical/construction background and look forward to doing it.

Thanks for the link kelemvor!

PoolDoc
04-16-2012, 09:42 PM
OK, there are some example threads here. Skilled handymen can do the install, but there are 'gotchas' as I'm sure you understand.

Jacob99
04-18-2012, 11:08 AM
I just purchased a 30' round from royalswimmingpools.com. I found their prices to be the best. Shipping was fast and free although upon inspection I was missing 1 piece of bead receiver. I called them up and they sent it to me right away. Thought their customer service was pretty good. One of therm didn't have too much patience for my newbie questions but then that's why I come here...lol.

springer01
04-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks Jacob I will give them a look also. Haven't bit the bullet yet, but really considering inyopools Panarama 21' hybrid pool. Went to the local pool store and their 18' x 52" deep all steel pool with 1" shorter top rail and 2" shorter verticals and a 10 year shorter warranty is over $1500 dollars more without tax. I don't mind paying a little more locally for the security of having a place to go to for problems or questions, but that's just insane!

PoolDoc
04-18-2012, 01:25 PM
The reviews Kelemvor pointed out would concern me about Inyo. I'd check their BBB and other ratings first. I was checking PoolSupplyWorld for an unrelated reason, and noticed that it had good ratings, or at least the ones I saw.