PDA

View Full Version : Wearing of Impeller and Diffuer on Northstar Pump

abrenner
04-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Hi All. Appreciate any feedback you can give me. My northstar 1.5hp pump had the motor replaced about a 1-2 years ago. After, it made noise and we called a repair company. Improved, but not for long. Since it operated with lower pressure and some moderate increased noise (not like a screech from bearings). I figured from reading online that the impeller must need replacing. Just opened the pump and two or three obvious problems. Didnt see an impeller ring, which was supposed to be there. The cone portion of the diffuser is seperated from the rest, and it is worn near the impeller. The impeller face is worn. Could this all be from the impeller ring not being put back when they replaced the motor? Any other suggestions on why this happened and what I might need to look for? I have pics, but dont see a way of attaching them to the post. Thanks again.

PoolDoc
04-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Email the pics to poolforum@gmail.com, and I'll post them. The more the better; the larger the better -- I'll crop and trim as needed.

I'll also alert a couple of guys -- I've never worked on a Northstar myself. For reference, here's the manual: http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/Manual365.pdf