PDA

View Full Version : Aqualuminator leaking AG pool

Sharon2
05-17-2006, 01:27 PM
This is the first time I have done my Spring opening myself, all seems fine, nothing leaking/weird except the darn Aqualuminor light/return water setup. It is spraying finely out the bottom outside of unit and I have tried removing cover inside pool and reseating it but it still leaks. It doesn't leak when I have the filter off, only when it's on and there's pressure - any suggestions? I can't even find a booklet or anything about it online - thanks all. Sharon

matt4x4
05-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi Sharon, I can't quite figure out where you're saying it's leaking....
by bottom outside - do you mean where your hose attaches, or where the cap goes over the wires??
If it's where the hose attaches, do you have a fitting glued on to which you clamp the hose? Any other equipment tehre like a shutoff valve? Can you try to explain how it all comnes together working back from the aqualum. and try to tell us the exact spot where it's leaking - I may have a fix.

BTW - The connection on teh aqualum. is a non standard size, I glued a proper sized fitting to mine to help with this issue.

Sharon2
05-18-2006, 10:14 AM
On the outside of the pool, where the actual Aqualuminator attaches to the pool side, water is spraying out of there under pressure in a fine mist from the bottom on the "housing". It is not leaking at the end of the light fixture where the wiring cap screws on or out of the water line feeding back into the pool. All that is secure and dry. Inside the pool I have tried unscrewing the light "dial" and re-seating the light but that has had no effect. I have tightenend the light "dial" and loosened it to see if it changes anything and it doesn't.