PDA

View Full Version : SW Pool and ring around the tile.

Tabby
03-27-2006, 11:28 AM
We have had our SW pool for just one season; last year after fillling it we had problems with white build-up on the tile (from our hard Texas water). We drained the pool down and used some nasty stuff to scrap it off. Well, it;s back this year and I was hoping for a better and esaier solution...maybe one that would be long term.

Tabby

mwsmith2
03-27-2006, 11:49 AM
That's easy. I bet you let your pH get too high, which puts your water in a scaling condition, leading to your ring of scale. Solution is better pH control, don't let it get up past 7.8 and you should be fine.

Michael

Tabby
03-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Ok, my hubby manages that part, but I will try to 'sweetly" encourage that.

Is there a better way to remove the rng off the tile and what about the Salt Water system insides?
Thanks,
Tabby

Katy-Texas
04-02-2006, 10:25 AM
I am also in Texas with hard water but have "new" salt water pool for 10 months and have had small amount of ring-around-the-tile for which I used (only once so far) scrub brush and a bottle of retail cleaner called Comet recommended by builder. Worked fine.

What I also have is some scale build up in grout between tiles and in slight discolouration of grout I think from colour leaching out from gunite. For that I use pumice stone from home depot, works easy with 1 hour of elbow grease.