PDA

View Full Version : New solar advice 2

mrrparker
04-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Here is a website that may have some useful information for you.
www.h2otsun.com
and particularly, this page
www.h2otsun.com/pools/index.html

I put my own panels up and used Fafco Panels. They work fine and they are on a 2 story house with only a 1hp pump that is 100 ft away from the house. My pool is almost 100% in the shade and I can keep the temperature at 88 degrees all Summer without any issues and my pool clear works great. If your handy you can save a lot of money doing it yourself. If not pay someone to do it. I would highly recommend Fafco panels but you have to buy them through an authorized dealer so they are not cheap. The ones you can find online on cheaper but less reputable brands from what I could see.

PoolDoc
04-08-2012, 10:42 PM
MrRParker;

That's a very interesting site. I don't have time to fully evaluate it now, but it *seems* much better than other sites I've looked at. I'm going to ask some other guys to take a look.

However, I usually don't give 'live links' to sites as a rule, until we've evaluated them -- we have too many folks coming here to try to 'score' a live link to their low traffic site, from our high traffic one, so their Google rank will go up. And, that's not what we're about, so I'll need to here from them, first.