PDA

View Full Version : Polaris 280 broken top

Geeper
04-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Is the top necessary for proper operation or is it just for show to make things look better? I ask because our 7 yr old 280 just lost its top. Cracked apart and fell off the cleaner.

Before I go spending $50 for a piece of plastic, I am trying to find out if it is actually necessary for the operation on the cleaner. Its in the pool the whole time, so I don't care how it looks, only that it works.

Thanks

JimK
05-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Is the top necessary for proper operation or is it just for show to make things look better? I ask because our 7 yr old 280 just lost its top. Cracked apart and fell off the cleaner.

Before I go spending $50 for a piece of plastic, I am trying to find out if it is actually necessary for the operation on the cleaner. Its in the pool the whole time, so I don't care how it looks, only that it works.

Thanks

I see no one has answered you question. Unfortunately I don't have an answer either, but I'm curious if you've tried it without the top and what were the results?

TheGoose
05-06-2012, 09:16 PM
The top on my old one broke also after about ~6 years. I bought a new one last sason and I haven't decided yet what to do with the old one.