PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Vertical Post on Pool

chiefconcern
04-02-2012, 08:51 AM
I have a question on repairing a vertical post on the outside of our pool. I was leveling the ground and hit it with our tractor. I managed to remove the post and install a new one, however the railing will not align so I can install the screws for it.

I did drain the water to about 3 foot depth and was wondering if anyone would think adding more water to the pool would push out the side walls allowing the screws to then be aligned.

Our pool is an oval Doughboy I believe, I will double check when I get home.

Thanks in advance.

PoolDoc
04-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Not something I have any experience with. Some people here do have AG experience . . . BUT you'll get MUCH better answers with photos. Take some detailed photos, and send them to me at poolforum@gmail.com -- too big is not a problem; I can shrink them -- too small may be, if the needed details aren't visible. Once the photos are up, you may want to use them when you talk to Doughboy, about parts!

One key point: if there is a seam in the pool wall, near the damaged post, you'd better not add water until someone more knowledgeable can assure you that you won't pop the pool open at that seam.