PDA

View Full Version : Swg And Water Softener With Potassiem Chloride

guild1
05-16-2006, 07:28 PM
I have a SWG and had my pool filled with my city tap water last year. Since then I have had a water softener installed in my house, and the line that goes to the auto pool fill uses the softened water. Also I use potassium chloride as the salt in my water softener, since my back sprinklers are on the same line. Will this small amount of softened water, (using potassium chloride) which is used to replace the lost water from my pool affect my SWG or not?

Mark_WATERMAID
05-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Hi Guild

The potassium chloride won’t hurt your chlorinator. In fact one of my customers runs his pool on potassium chloride instead of sodium chloride. We are all a little short on potassium so he decided to run his Watermaid system on it and it works well.

Mark Manning
Watermaid Canada
www.watermaid.ca
mark@watermaid.ca

Poolsean
05-16-2006, 10:27 PM
I agree with Mark. The water from your water softener will not do any harm to your pool with a salt system. Actually this is recommended by a pool builder using our salt system, but he also uses ozone with it. However, they also use more potassium chloride to get the same conductivity as sodium chloride...and potassium chloride is more expensive.