PDA

View Full Version : Hayward Titanium Pro Heat Pump 110k BTU ?

rcsup1
03-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Hi All,

I currently have a Raypak heat pump that was purchased in 1997 which has begun to leak rust into the pool. I'm unsure of the specific model since the installer at the time took all identifying labels off. The pool is 30 x 15 with max depth of 4 1/2 feet.

The local pool store recomended a Hayward Titanium pro heat pump 110k BTU HP21104T as a replacement.

I would like to know your thoughts and if there are any other models in this price range I should consider. I plan to install it myself.

Thanks

Roy

PoolDoc
03-19-2012, 10:48 PM
I don't have any experience personally with pool heat pumps, so I can't really comment.

I did add your approximate location (from your IP address, and phone) to your visible profile, since that's critical info with respect to your question -- pool heat pumps CAN work in S. Florida, but they don't work so well in Michigan!

I should add -- if your heat pump is "rusting into your pool", you need to find out why, and fix THAT problem, BEFORE you get a new heat pump. You probably should report how you've been treating the pool, chemically, and how you are testing.