PDA

View Full Version : DE in Pool ??

scorpion5589
03-18-2012, 01:14 PM
I've had this problem a little while, After I finish backwashing the pool (inground 25,000gal) I set it back on filter and white milky water starts coming out of the hose fittings, Polaris. I'm assuming its DE. Am I suppose to rinse or recirculate before going to filter? I cleaned and checked the grids for rips and everything seems ok. Also the Polaris wont stop floating to the top? Thank you, Rik

PoolDoc
03-18-2012, 02:50 PM
If you have a multiport valve with a "Rinse" position, there's a fair chance that 'rinsing' will solve the problem. In that case, the sequence to clean would be:
Filter - Pump OFF -Bacwash - Pump OFF - Rinse - Pump OFF -Filter .

By the way, you should open and clean your DE filter manually at least 1x per year. Backwashing does not always clean them effectively.

When you reply, include BOTH your filter make and model #, AND your Polaris model.

scorpion5589
03-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Thank you, I will try that. Regarding the Polaris, its a 360 just bought it a few months ago, the old one died. Anyway, I've tried all the adjustments recommended and it still wants to keep surfacing, was thinking maybe the blue cover was airtight and holding an airpocket, held it down to purge it, still floats up, seems that the debris bag forms a bubble and the jets just keep pushing it up. ??? thinnking of drilling holes in blue body to accept more water, ?? also backup valve seems to have gone kaput,,,

waste
03-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

You can check out this (http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?9189-cleaning-a-DE-filter) thread for some more info on using your DE filter.

And please answer Ben's questions for us:)

PoolDoc
03-18-2012, 06:10 PM
??? thinnking of drilling holes in blue body to accept more water, ?? also backup valve seems to have gone kaput,,,

The 360 is still supposed to be a reliable unit . . . when every thing is correct. Call Polaris -- their tech support guys are going to know a lot more about checking and tweaking than most pool service guys will.

Polaris Customer Service
2620 Commerce Way Vista, CA 92081-8438
Phone 1-800-822-7933
Hours Monday - Friday 6:00am - 5:00pm PST

But, the 360 is driven by YOUR pump. That means that what ever is wrong with your pump and/or filter can affect the 360. If you've been dumping a big shot of DE into your pool when you backwash, you have ALSO been dumping it into the 360, unless it's disconnected or valved off. It's not likely the filter screen would stop the DE, and I'm not sure what the DE will do -- in large quantities -- to the 360. DE is pretty abrasive.

The manual is here:
www.polarispool.com/files/manual/PolarisManual360.pdf

Have you completed the check list in the manual? You'll need to have done so, before you call Polaris.