PDA

View Full Version : dogs and above ground pool

euromarek
03-13-2012, 01:39 AM
hello. i'm new here, but been reading for some time. Lot of good information, thank you. I'd like to get above ground pool, but i have three dogs. I know, that dogs can damage pool liner, but what about the outside walls of the pool? Is material strong enough to handle dog abuse? Not sure, if INTEX ultra frame is the best way to go. thanks for all suggestions

AnnaK
03-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Welcome to PF.

What type of dog abuse to the exterior of the pool are you concerned about?

We have a steel sided AGP and several German Shepherd dogs who swim and play in it regularly. The pool is now entering its 7th season without any damage to the liner.

BigDave
03-13-2012, 10:44 AM
The walls of the intex ultra frame are plastic. I presume it's reinforced but if your dogs scratch and paw at things, it will probably fail. traditional steel wall pools would probably not be significantly harmed by scratching and pawing.

AnnaK
03-13-2012, 03:24 PM
But why would dogs scratch and paw at the walls of an Intex? I recently saw a photo of a chewed belly band but that was fixable with some ingenuity.

BigDave
03-14-2012, 08:31 AM
I don't know why, perhaps to show that they'd like to have a swim?

PoolDoc
03-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey Guys,

There's no evidence "Euromarek" is listening . . . and there's some evidence that he/she/it is a disappointed spammer, who bailed once he/she/it discovered they couldn't post links.

I wouldn't put any more effort into this thread, unless they respond.