PDA

View Full Version : New Saltwater Pool---How to lower the water level with autofill?

AmHistoryNut
03-10-2012, 03:04 AM
New pool owner, new poster....I recently (we haven't even swam in it yet) put in a saltwater inground pool. Small, 6500 gallons. It does come with autofill but I can't seem to find where I can lower the pool level after a heavy rain. I have searched all the pool documentation they gave me, but I still can't it. In the ground to the left of my pump is a green lid that says, Irrigation Control Valve. I opened this and the knob in there does not move at all. I can't turn it and I can't push or pull it. I need to figure out how to do this because it's supposed to rain tomorrow after raining today..thanks so much for any help! Respectfully, AmHistoryNut

PoolDoc
03-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Hi Am;

I can't tell you where it is, either -- it depends on how the valves were set up by the installer, and it's possible that there is no obvious or easy way to do it.

The good news is, it's not likely to do any harm to your pool to be too full.

The bad news is, we probably can't help you, unless you send some pictures. If you can do that, take pictures of the pool, but especially of the valving, filter, and piping, and send them to poolforum@gmail.com and I'll post them. (Your pool is already on Google maps . . . but I can't see the valves ;))

CarlD
03-11-2012, 02:17 PM
By saltwater do you mean the salt added for an SWCG, salt water chlorine generator, or saltwater like the ocean?