PDA

View Full Version : test results what next?

sisie5
05-16-2006, 11:43 AM
just did my test and here are the numbers,we have had alot of rain the last 4 days,water is clear but notice brown stuff on botton of pool.Is there anything to do now other than vacuuming.The PH color of 7.8 doesnt really match but doesnt match the 7.5 so it somewhere between 7.5 and 7.8
thanks.

FC-2
CC-0
TC-2
PH- 7.8
ALK-180
CA-30

KurtV
05-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Yes, vacuum up the brown stuff. You can vacuum to waste if there's a lot of it and if you have a DE or sand filter (and you may be able to if you have a cartidge filter). Look for a waste setting on the mulitport valve on the side or top of your filter.

You need to determine the level of Cyanuric Acid (CYA aka stabilizer) in your water. Once you've done that Ben's Best Guess Table(http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=365) will tell you how much free chlorine you need to keep in the water.

Your alkalinity is a little high but may be OK dependent on the type of pool you have (vinyl or above ground probably ok, gunite/plaster you will probably want to lower it)

Your calcium hardness is low. You'll need to raise it if you have a gunite pool but you probably don't need to do anything for it if you have vinyl.

sisie5
05-16-2006, 05:14 PM
I have a vinyl above ground,I look at the chart if im reading it right then I need to add clorine to bring it to 6 ppm it that right?if so how much clorine do i need to add.im at 2 ppm now so i guess need to increase it 4 to bring to 6 ppm

thanks for all the help

Watermom
05-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Depends on the volume of your pool and your cya level.