PDA

View Full Version : Pool pump/ electrical issues

Dzeak7
11-16-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm using a Hayward 2 pool pump and am trying everything myself. I had a small leak and the pool store hade take the back part of the pump off and disconnect the electrical and bring it into them to replace some seal. Did that and it was easy to take the wiring off. Now that I've got it back Im working on tryin to put the pump back together. There are 3 wires, 2 black and the green ground wire. I screw them all in and put the back plate back on and bolt the motor to the main part. It's all do easy. So I turn the breaker back on and turn the pump on and it hums like normal then after 20 seconds trips the breaker and shuts off. Any help?!

aylad
11-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forum!!
I'm sorry that I'm no help with your question, but there should be somebody by soon who can answer it for you.

Keep in mind that, for awhile, when you post a question it goes into a moderator queue, which can only be seen by one of the mods and Ben. It waits there until one of us approves it, at which time it shows up on the forum. That process is a little slower this time of year just because traffic on the forum slows down after swim season, but we all still try to get by here at least once a day. That's why you couldn't see it off the bat. So--I have deleted the other, almost duplicate post, and now that your question is here, you should get some answers soon.

glippp
12-19-2011, 10:01 PM
It seems like you wired your pump wrong. The green wire is the ground - leave that one. Try to switch the other two. Here is a good wiring instruction for you (if admin doesn't mind):

http://www.inyopools.com/HowToPage/how_to_wire_a_pool_pump.aspx

PoolDoc
12-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Dzeak7, your access has been upgraded.