PDA

View Full Version : Need an idea for washing a leaf net

ChuckD
05-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Pulled the net off our pool this weekend (finally!). It did a great job as we have two maples near the pool and it would've taken a lot longer to scoop the offenders off a solid cover or out of the water. Wrapped it all up and dragged it out to the back of the back yard and dumped 'em.

Now, what to do with the net? It's pretty well coated with leaf remnants, algae and who-knows-what-other biomass. I spread it out on the lawn and am contemplating running it thru the laundry. I'd probably fold it into eighths and hang it over our 6' high fence for a hosing off first. I'm not sure of the weight but it's just big enough to cover our 17x33 inground.

Anyone have any other ideas?

C.

mbar
05-15-2006, 10:32 AM
I would take it to a laundromat and run it through a wash cycle, without using any soap. You can put some bleach in the water. If you don't want to do that, I would just hose it off and hang it up to dry in the sun. Don't put it away wet. Just my thoughts!, but I would take the easier way of not lugging the net back and forth to the laundry.

Islander2C
05-15-2006, 05:08 PM
I just took my 27' AG leaf net off this weekend. I spread it out on our lawn and took a pressure washer to it! It worked great as I had alot of scum on it from the leaves sitting on it over the winter. The pressure washer just sprayed all that stuff off with ease! Let it dry in the sun and folded it up!

cygnusecks
05-15-2006, 07:35 PM
How about soaking in a garbage can with a bunch of bleach. You dump bleach into pools to clean them of algae and other junk, why not the net!! Then I'd pressure wash and let dry.

ChuckD
05-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Great ideas, all.
Thanks much!

C.