PDA

View Full Version : Pool Pilot turns off / then on

tsunami7
10-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Wondering if anyone has had this problem.

My pool pilot (DIG-220) will just turn off the pump then immediately turn it back on again. Also, occasionally, the display is blank. When that happens I just cycle the circuit breaker and the display comes back. Very weird.

I have had the Pilot for about 8 years no real problems except I think I replaced a circuit board or something under warranty in the first 3 months.

Any thoughts.
Mike

PoolDoc
10-22-2011, 10:17 AM
If it's cycling the pump much, you probably don't want to allow that to continue. On/off duty is hard on a lot of things, including motors.

Otherwise, I know nothing specific about the Pool Pilot. I assume you've found the manual, and gone through the trouble shooting process there? If that didn't help, and power-cycling the control panel -- ALL power to the electronics off -- didn't restore it, I think you'll need to call the mfg or a service guy.

tsunami7
10-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Latest update:

Now we think there might be a chance that the house power is messed up. Happened to witness the house power flicker off then on. Talked with the power company and they are "investigating". It was very brief and I wouldn't have noticed it except I happend to be home and the lights turned off then on. It happend twice over two days so I'm crossing my fingers that it's not the electronics on the pool pilot. Power company said they will have a report on the problem competed within 5 days. So, we will wait and see....