PDA

View Full Version : Inground Pool Covers

venissa
10-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I have a brand spankin new 18x37 grecian inground pool and i have been researching winter covers. I think i need some expert advise - there are so many covers to choose from. I want a good cover that is easy to put on, remove and provides great protection from the winter months......any suggestions?

PoolDoc
10-14-2011, 02:23 PM
I want a good cover that is easy to put on, remove and provides great protection from the winter months ......any suggestions?

+ easy to put on
+ easy to remove
+ provides great protection
+ ......any suggestions?

Yeah, one: you should go into business, making those covers. ;) There'd be a lot of demand for them.

The only really 'easy' covers I know of are automatic covers, causing multi-$1,000's, and requiring a SERIOUS installation. They are hard to adapt to non-rectangular pools.

Water proof vinyl covers are cheapest and give best winter light exclusion. But you have to keep the rain pumped off.

Mesh covers are easier to install, much easier to remove . . . but allow algae to grow underneath.

So, you sorta have to pick your poison, and live with the consequences.

vinper
10-17-2011, 03:53 PM
quote for my 14x40 winter loop-loc cover was 2800.00 not installed ,, $1800.00 for a catcha kid leaf net installed ... I am still looking