PDA

View Full Version : Safety Cover "Mate" Cover? Are they worth it???

Pipecrew
09-22-2011, 03:02 PM
I have had a green trampoline style safety cover on my pool for about 4 winters now. It allows water to pass through it but also allows sunlight to pass through it. I love this cover but my water is usually green in the spring.

I see the following "cover mate" cover that lays on top of the water and blocks the sun from the water:

http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Opening-and-Closing/Meyco-Safety-Pool-Covers/Safety-Cover-Mate/

Are these covers worth it??? I see they only have a 1 year warranty, how long should I expect this cover to last? I'm not sure how long I'll get out of it because it lays right on the water which will be ice in no time here in New York. I figure it might rip easy with the ice.

Any thoughts???????

Thank you!

CarlD
09-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Pardon me, but you might do better with a different fall prep and spring opening. I only open to green when I open late. When I open on time, I never have green. And i have a mess, too.

Carl

docsobeck
10-05-2011, 03:30 PM
don't have personal knowledge, but one of my neighbors does this and SWEARS by it. he's been trying to talk me into dumping my solid safety cover and going with this approach.