PDA

View Full Version : Opening numbers

Poolidiot
05-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Ok I decided to open the pool today. Took the cover off and the water was just about crystal clear :). I am waiting on my new test kit so I am still usingf the old timey PS233 kit :). I have a 27' round AG pool( I figure around 17300 gallons), Sand filter. Here are my numbers:

Fc - .5
CC - 0
Tc - .5
PH - 7.8
Alk - 120
CYA - 0 ( this surprised me because I have been wanting to get my CYA down for the last 2 years, It had been 100, then last year it was around 80)

I figure I will shock the pool to 10ppm. If I figure right my PH and Alk are with in range correct?. I need to raise my CYA to about 40??? Never have had to raise my CYA before so i need some help with this part. What do I use and how much?

This is what I think on all this but by my name you can see why there is a possibility that I am wrong :). So all input would be great, thanks.

duraleigh
05-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Hi, Boyd, :)

Wow! We finally got a nice name for poolidiot! (which you never were)

I'd do just like you're thinking.....Cl up to shock level, test, and if numbers are good, I'd backwash the sand filter one last time and then put the CYA in.

Dosage for CYA is on the container or you can get mwsmith2's calc and figure it yourself.

Whatever you did last Fall, I'd do again this Fall :)

mbar
05-13-2006, 08:38 PM
I agree! I seem to lose my cya over the winter all the time. I know some others do to.