PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of The PoolCleaner?

salinda
05-13-2006, 07:12 PM
As I posted below, one of the recommendations to reduce energy costs in my system is to switch to a different cleaner called The PoolCleaner. It can be seen at http://www.thepoolcleaner.com/index.html

It is a suction-side cleaner that runs off of even a lower-speed pump, allowing me to run a variable speed pump on a lower setting and still clean the pool. I tried it for a few days and loaded the pool with everything that was in my Polaris bag plus some twigs and such from the yard (to simulate debris from a winter storm). It worked pretty well, and would definitely save on energy costs, but I am wondering if anyone has seen these.

I would use my current pressure-side sweep line and replumb it for suction-side use while some other plumbing gets optimized/repaired.

mas985
05-14-2006, 02:00 PM
I have the suction side 2x cleaner and it seems to work pretty well although I have nothing to compare it to. It is my first and only cleaner that I have used.

However, I am in the process of selling mine and upgrading to a robotic so I can run it at night when no one is swimming. Check your messages, I sent you a PM.

thepoolman1
05-24-2006, 10:54 PM
I have sold or installed many of these cleaners, first when they were marketed by Jacuzzi and now by the original manufacturer. Never had a complaint, not one.