PDA

View Full Version : Black algea - should I wait....

howbout
05-13-2006, 12:59 PM
I posted about acid washing my pool for the black algae but didn't get any responses here :confused:

Anyway, hope I get SOME now...I have been treating the pool for the algae and brushing. In fact last night DH got in the pool to brush and told me that there are VERY few spores, a lot of what I am seeing is the actual finish on the pool which DOES have some black spots on it...which I knew but in my paranoia saw as algae :rolleyes:

Anyway, we are thinking of just keeping on top of the algae, hopefully getting rid of it, and waiting on doing anything to the pool until NEXT summer. At that point we would probably diamond brite it (if we acid wash we are looking at doing that and then also doing the diamond brite at a later date....). Anyway, does anything think this is a feasible solution? The pool really IS crystal clear....

duraleigh
05-13-2006, 01:27 PM
In the last two weeks, Ben (pooldoc) posted a pretty informative response on black algae....that will answer most of your questions, I think.

Search on Pooldoc and Black Algae and restrict it to most recent three weeks. :)

howbout
05-13-2006, 01:42 PM
I've read the info before but nothing seems to address whether or not we can wait if we have a minimal problem with the algae...I REALLY need to know if we can wait on this as long as the algae is kept to a minimum....

howbout
05-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Well, judging from the number of views and the absence of replies I see no one on this board is knowledgeable enough on this issue to address my question of waiting. No harm done, as I have found my solution in any case. Thank you for those who have attempted to address my problems!

mbar
05-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Well, what is the solution? We can't answer a question that we don't know about, but we would like to learn, so we can help others in the future. Your solution would be greatly appreciated.