PDA

View Full Version : 38000 gallons of fun

pool4mykids
08-19-2011, 07:05 AM
I recently installed a 38000 gallon salt generating pool....4 weeks of labor, but worth every bead of sweat so far. I was reading the "BBB" method of care and was slightly confused if the three B's were the ONLY chems used to maintain? I am currently have a PH of 7.8 and a slight CL reading of 0.5 to 1.0 with a salt count of 3400.

I am using the K1000 and the K6000 as Ben suggested. My clarification is for lowering PH and if cyanuric is required for stabilizing?

Thanks so much for this site!

aylad
08-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Hi, and welcome!!

The 3 Bs are not the only chems used, in fact, some pools don't need the borax OR the bakng soda. If you have a SWCG, you definitely need stabilizer to help the cell be its most efficient, and muriatic acid to periodically lower your pH.

PoolDoc
08-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Watermom's right.

When I wrote those pages on PoolSolutions back in 1995, I was really just trying to offer people bits and pieces of a better way. Using bleach or borax or baking soda were just three of those bits. But, people started referring to "bleach, borax, & baking soda", and the CarlD coined the phrase "BBB method".

But, the method is really more about using the chemicals you need, and ONLY those chemicals, in the easiest and most efficient way possible, than it is about actually using bleach or borax or baking soda.

We do recommend bleach, a lot, and often recommend borax. But we don't often actually suggest that people raise their carbonate alkalinity with baking soda instead of "Alkalinity Increaser".

aylad
08-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Umm, that would be aylad, not Watermom! :) I know, I know, it's because we look so much alike..... ;) ;)

Janet

PoolDoc
08-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Arg-g-gh. Just bag me up and put me in the freezer.

Watermom
08-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Arg-g-gh. Just bag me up and put me in the freezer.

Yeah, right up there beside the pork chops.