PDA

View Full Version : Liquid CYA!

Mr.Mooks
08-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Hello there. I was wondering if anyone has ever used liquid CYA? I see that Natural Chemistry carrys it. I have used Natural Chemistry products in my hot tub before and they work well. Looks like the liquid would be eaiser to deal with than the powder. I have a SWCG and I am haveing to run it at a higher percentage to keep up the chlorine levels and I have done alot of reading and people say it will burn out my plates early! I do not want this to happen. The pool is brand new this year. I keep forgetting to get all my pool info in my sig bellow.

aylad
08-04-2011, 02:10 PM
I have not personally used the liquid CYA, but there are others on the forum who have--it's the same ingredient as the granular, just in a slurry form. A little more expensive than the granular, but it's the same chemical.

chem geek
08-05-2011, 03:04 AM
It's somewhat different from pure CYA in that it is more pH neutral so you won't see the pH drop the way you do when you use pure CYA.

waterbear
08-05-2011, 10:07 PM
The question is "is it worth the extra money?'
IMHO, no. Just get the powder and pour it slowly into your skimmer, Do not clean your filter nor test CYA for 1 week and then test and see where you are. I would start monitoring FC levels after about 2 days and adjust the output of your SWCG downward as the FC starts to rise. I believe you have a compupool unit so you want your CYA NO LOWER than 80 ppm and you really should aim for 100 ppm. Keep your FC NO LOWER than 5% of the CYA reading (5 ppm for CYA of 100 ppm).