PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Taylor

Dooley11
07-29-2011, 07:22 PM
And I am overwhelmed! Wow! Testing chlorine looks so complicated. I am sure to be back with questions.

Watermom
07-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Nah........you'll be a pro in no time. You might like to look at these online demos of testing procedures from the Taylor Technologies website.

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/products_choose_slideshow.asp

Dooley11
07-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the tip!

So I just tested and

PH 7.8
FC 1.0
CC 0.0
TA 90
CYA 30
CH 70

I know my chlorine is low right now, I usually add in the evening. I also know that I want my CYA to be a little higher so I am going to add some more stabilizer. It has been extremely hot and sunny here - 98 degrees plus/full sun for about 10 days in a row now. I am struggling to keep chlorine in the pool.

I think I should shock the pool. I am not sure. It has been heavily used the last 10 days so I was thinking it would be a good idea. WDYT?

How much will 1 qt of bleach add to my 19,000 gallon pool?

Overall besides low chlorine and low cya - does everything else look good?

aylad
07-30-2011, 06:16 AM
Besides low chlorine and CYA, the other numbers look okay. Your pH is on the high end of normal but is okay there. If you want to lower it you can use a little muriatic acid to drop t, but no lower than 7.0. I agree that you should shock the pool-- the combination of low chlorine, hot sunny days, and heavy bather load can be rough on a pool.

A quart of bleach in your pool would raise your FC by 0.8 ppm.

goldslinger
08-03-2011, 11:03 PM
I am loving Mine ! ! !

Yea, I was a bit overwhelmed at first, too. Everything is color coded, though; just keep the bottles in the right order. By the second testing Day (Today) I found it as easy as the old tester.

The color chart is ridiculously easy to match, and EXTREMELY accurate. I love the fact that I get results I can trust! I was always suspicious of My local Pool Store's results. Now I don't have to rely on them anymore.

Gary Gipson