PDA

View Full Version : New small kiddie pool.

chadgreen
07-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi,

We just got a 22" inflatable pool and decided to follow the instructions here. I have a few questions.
It could take a couple of days to warm the pool where we are and by then it's supposedly time to empty and refill. Is there any alternative to help this situation?
I bought everything on the list except the Dichlor powder. I can find the following at the local Meijer (LINK REMOVED BY MOD so I could mod your post in faster) but it doesn't match the item on the list exactly. I haven't looked at any spa supply businesses. Thanks for your help.

PoolDoc
07-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I'd have a question, too. Here's mine:
"I have a 39" waist (uggh!); how do I get into my 22" pool." ;)

More seriously, which instructions are you following?

You can always use stabilizer + plain bleach, instead of dichlor (do NOT mix the two products together!!)

chadgreen
07-28-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm using this (link to kiddie pool chems on the poolsolutions site removed by moderator to speed up post to forum)
What stabilizer should I use? I can find the HTH stabilizer that has CYA and Cl- at Meijer but it doesn't match the guide.

CarlD
07-28-2011, 11:54 PM
For stabilizer use any that lists as it's SOLE ingredient "Cyanuric Acid 100%", "IsoCyanuric Acid 100%", or "CYA 100%"....all the same thing. If it's not 100% CYA don't buy (don't buy HTH because they don't follow that rule).

Carl