PDA

View Full Version : New here....researching pool manufacturers and landscaping ideas

mxwife
07-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi,

I am new here. We are currently looking at 18inch round pools. We've received quotes from two local pool dealers. One pool was a doughbough (desert spring) and the other was Atlantic pools (infinity). We have a small yard, so one of my other concerns is the landscaping and how to make it functional for the kids (we have three). We are also debating between the round and the oval....but the price difference for the round makes it so much more affordable. Our goal is to have our pool installed next year so we are doing our homework now. I am finding lots of great info and still have so much to learn!

Take care,
Laura

Watermom
07-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi Laura and welcome to the Pool Forum! Good for you for doing your homework ahead of your purchase. You have come to the right place to learn about a pool. Read lots of posts here on the forum and also read on our sister website www.poolsolutions.com. Lots of good information there.

Hope you enjoy being a part of our forum. You're gonna LOVE having a pool!

damameke
07-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi,

I am new here. We are currently looking at 18inch round pools. We've received quotes from two local pool dealers. One pool was a doughbough (desert spring) and the other was Atlantic pools (infinity). We have a small yard, so one of my other concerns is the landscaping and how to make it functional for the kids (we have three). We are also debating between the round and the oval....but the price difference for the round makes it so much more affordable. Our goal is to have our pool installed next year so we are doing our homework now. I am finding lots of great info and still have so much to learn!

Take care,
Laura

Hi Laura

I just joined this forum too and I am searching for info as well..

Is it an inground pool that you are installing?; if it is, may I suggest Oval shape, the landscaping with just a foot around the oval pool will look much better.

i am looking at installing a pool too and wil go with a free form shape.

Anyone has a fibreglass pool? I am leaning towards that but am searching for more info on its relaibilty.