PDA

View Full Version : readings from new k2006 kit(finally!)

rgomez
07-22-2011, 12:03 PM
I love this kit. No more judging color samples by holding up to the light. Except for ph but that one is still easy to read. Here are me results/ questions.

FC 8
CC < 1 (?)
PH 7.6
ALK 150
CYA < 30

My chlorine changed only .5 from yesterdays test at around 6pm and this morning 9:30am. I have not added any since yesterday around noon. I only had time yesterday morning to test water with my old drop tester. Chlorine test sample looked like it was between shades 3 and 5ppm. So at 4ppm i needed to add 1/2gal of bleach to get it to 6ppm. I ran out of time yesterday morning and left the bleach for my wife to add. At noon she had not added the 1/2 gal so i asked her to add the whole jug assuming that with the excessive heat and sun here yesterday i assumed i would need about a gal just from sun beating down on the pool and to compensate for any lose in the afternoon thought the whole jug should be enough till last night.

So all that being said, a lose of only .5 over night is a bit confusing(?) or is that normal when your pool is stable, lol.

I'm finally testing for cc and tc now which is nice. So with the cc test the sample turns a very very light shade of pink, more like a light hue than a shade. I can tell that the white bottom of tester is a little off(not completely white). Then of course the 1 drop of reagent turns it clear again, giving me a <1 reading.

These two test results are a bit puzzling or maybe just need to get used to the new kit?

I'm pretty sure I'm testing correctly with new k2006 kit. Just some reassurance that I'm on the right track.

Watermom
07-22-2011, 05:17 PM
If you aren't losing but 0.5ppm of FC overnight, that is great! That, along with CC no higher than 0.5 means you have no algae. If your water is clear, then I'd say you are in good shape.

You'll want to bump your CYA up a bit. When was the last time you added any stabilizer and how much did you add?

rgomez
07-23-2011, 12:32 AM
I had to refill this yr. Liner came down in a couple of spots over the winter so i have added 4lbs.

Each yr since we've had the pool i had to add 4lbs in the beginning. That normal?

Watermom
07-23-2011, 10:32 AM
It is pretty normal for some pools to need CYA added each spring. Mine usually does.