PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy the Taylor test kit in Canada

MTBeer
07-21-2011, 11:05 PM
Hello all from Southern Ontario,

My wife and I bought a house with a pool a month ago. Pool is a round, in-ground concrete job. The rumor in the area is that it was made by a silo builder in the area. Needs a paint job but we decided to wait until next spring for that.
Anyway, we had it filled, and with some help from some friends with pool knowledge, and this site, we've been able to keep it clear and enjoy it so far.

Here's my first question (of many more to come I'm sure). Anyone know where I can get the Taylor test kit up here in Canada? I have been struggling with the cheap 2 way kit from Walmart and some Aqua-test dip strips up until now but I really want some more accuracy.

MTBeer

Watermom
07-21-2011, 11:08 PM
This is somewhat of a problem. In the US, you can buy it lots of places, but in Canada, you are very limited and it is more expensive. Here is a link to a place that sells Taylor kits.

http://piscines-apollo.com/cubecart/

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

MTBeer
07-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Wow! Those prices are crazy!
Are there any other kits you can recommend?

MTBeer

MTBeer
07-25-2011, 01:16 AM
How do the rest of you Canadians do your testing?

Anybody?

MTBeer

Watermom
07-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Check out the following thread, particularly post #7. Until your registration is complete, you'll probably need to log out first to be able to read the thread. Not sure if this option is helpful for you or not, but just sharing the info with you.

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?13239-K-2006-to-Canada

MTBeer
07-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Sounds like a solid plan to me. We are often in Sarnia on weekend s to see my wife's family.
Can anyone point me to a store in or around Port Huron Michigan that might sell the Taylor 2006 test kit?

MTBeer

PoolDoc
07-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Even if you find a store, you may need to call them and have them order the kit first. Few pool stores stock the K2006, and may try to sell you the K2005 as "just as good".

But, anyone who can order over the Internet can order a kit from Amazon and have it delivered to a US address.