PDA

View Full Version : Epoxy Bolt Kits for Diving Board Bases

tyandnikki
07-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the Epoxy Bolt kits for mounting the diving board base to the concrete deck around the pool?

Thanks.

tyandnikki
07-21-2011, 12:53 PM
We have to replace the board and would like to replace the base at the same time. Of course, since the base is 30 years old, I can't find a base with the same bolt pattern. These Epoxy Bolt kits would sure be a lot easier than cutting out a patch of the existing concrete and pouring new concrete.

tyandnikki
07-23-2011, 01:27 PM
I noticed that there isn't much talk about diving boards on this forum. Is there a reason for this? Are people worried about liablity?

tyandnikki
07-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Hello?.....crickets chriping......anyone out there?

Watermom
07-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Sorry you are not getting replies. Forum is kinda slow this weekend and also, you're right. Not too much about diving boards on here. Maybe someone will know.

waste
07-24-2011, 04:52 PM
I've only used them once, but they worked for at least 3 years (could have been longer, but I moved after 3 years so don't know if the ones I installed are still good)

Just to make sure we're on the same page, the one's I'm talking about had a bolt encased in a 'test tube' - you drill the appropriate size hole, pop in the test tube end and whack the bolt with a hammer to activate/ mix the epoxy - then wait for the epoxy to harden and install the base.

tyandnikki
07-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Just to make sure we're on the same page, the one's I'm talking about had a bolt encased in a 'test tube' - you drill the appropriate size hole, pop in the test tube end and whack the bolt with a hammer to activate/ mix the epoxy - then wait for the epoxy to harden and install the base.

Those are the ones I was talking about. Thanks for the reply, but I just found a base that matches mine exactly. I've been searching for a couple of weeks and I had given up hope. The base was 30 years old, and I didn't think there was any way that I would find one that matched. Luckily a came across one searching about the epoxy bolt kits. Go figure.

waste
07-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Glad you found a matching base!

Remember to pick up a little graphite paste, or similar, to help keep the threads on the bolts in good shape - or you'll end up having to use the epoxy bolts anyway :)

stepbill
07-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Hello?.....crickets chriping......anyone out there?

I had a good laugh on that one!!