PDA

View Full Version : Need dimensions from someone with Intex Ultra Rectangular pool.

zanemoseley
07-20-2011, 08:02 AM
My house is on a sloped lot and I have a pair of walkout doors from my basement on the side of my house. There is an "L" shaped retainer wall that goes away from the house then parallel to the house, between the wall and the house is a concrete pad that is slightly off level for drainage.

The past 2 years we've been using a 12' Intex round metal frame pool and have gotten some good use out of it but we're looking to upgrade in the near future. I'd like to go with either a nicer 12' pool or the 9' x 18' Intex Ultra pool. What I'm worried about is the walkway past the pool into the basement. At the narrowest point the available width is 11' 3" so I would have a 2' 3" walkway. Problem is that I don't know what they've taken into account with the footprint. I'm worried that the bottom supports may stick out past this size.

I was hoping someone could measure theirs to see what the footprint is versus the advertised size, doesn't necessarily have to be a 9' x 18'.

Watermom
07-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi Zane and welcome to the Pool Forum. I'll be there is somebody here who can help you but they aren't able to see this "getting started" section. Only Pool Forum staff and other trial members have access to it. But, once your registration is complete, your post will be moved out of this section into the general section of the forum where it will get a lot more views and hopefully some replies. So, for now, sit tight.

Hope you enjoy the forum!

zanemoseley
07-23-2011, 01:51 PM
How long does it usually take to convert a newbie membership into a normal member?

Watermom
07-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Not usually this long. Checking on it for you.

I will tell you that becoming a subscriber ($14 I believe?) removes the requirement that posts have to go through a moderation queue first and allows you to totally bypass this "getting started at the forum" section completely. When a subscribing member posts, it appears on the forum immediately in the general section of the forum.