PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up -- Good Buy on Chlorine?

Scetnk
07-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Thought I would pass this along since I sometimes see posts on here talking about good deals on bleach. I am in the suburban Chicago area and went to an American Sale store today to buy some CA. While there, I noticed they were selling their 1-gal. containers of Pool Shock (12.5%) for $2.49 each. Seems like a pretty good deal since the small 3-quart containers of bleach (6%) are around $1.50 each. What do others think?

Watermom
07-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks for sharing this info and by the way, welcome to the Pool Forum!

Scetnk
07-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome Watermom. I did not see your advice of putting pool, filter, etc. info in my signature until after I had done my initial registration. It seems that as a newcomer, I am restricted from updating my signature at this point?

Hey, do you have any good advice for me on my other post regarding the stubborn bathtub ring around the waterline of my vinyl liner? Product to use, method, etc.? Thanks again!

Watermom
07-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Try putting some baking soda on a cloth and see if that will clean it off. You don't want to use any products that will mess with your pool's chemistry, and baking soda will not.

Regarding the signature, I don't think trial members who have just registered have the signature option enabled yet. But, once your registration is complete and your thread is moved out into the general areas of the forum, you'll be able to do it then.