PDA

View Full Version : K-2006: Might have screwed up.

Willjay
07-19-2011, 05:54 PM
I ordered the kit through the link in some of the Mods signatures. Reading through some of the other threads today I noticed you guys were recommending a particular company to buy it through, Amato. Well I went back to my order confirmation to see who I bought it from and it's VM inovations. Is this a company known for sending the wrong kit?

Watermom
07-19-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm not sure that we know for sure which ones are sending the wrong one, so it might be ok. We just recommend Amato because we know they ship the right kit at a good price and their turn around time seems to be pretty quick. Plus they restock quickly when they sell out. So, don't worry about it. It may turn out the be the correct kit. If it doesn't, return it and make the company pay the return shipping since it will be their mistake and then you can order one from Amato Industries.

Willjay
07-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks

samtex
07-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Actually Amato did have a few negative remarks listed on Amazon. Only one seemed to be highly critical, that was one about receiving the wrong tester. You do have to keep in mind the majority of reviews were positive.

vaubach
07-20-2011, 06:48 PM
I've ordered several things directly from VMInnovations, including the Intex AGP we currently have and they've always shipped very quickly and for free.

PoolDoc
07-20-2011, 09:01 PM
As long as they get it right, any of the other sellers are fine. What you want to look for is the DPD powder + FAS reagent test for chlorine. If you get that, you have a K2006. If you have a DPD color match kit, you've gotten a K2005 and need to exchange it for the right one.

TheGoose
07-21-2011, 10:00 AM
I recently ordered the salt test kit from amato and one of the reagents was leaking inside the blue box. I have yet to contact them (just got it in a few days ago) but just wanted to see if anybody else had any problems like this. The kit is unusable...the reagent totally leaked out and stained everything in the box...including the instructions.

Watermom
07-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Goose --- give Amato a call. Their phone number is listed in a post in the announcements section of the forum if you don't have it. I'm sure they'll make things right for you.

PoolDoc
07-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Meanwhile try really hard not to get that stuff on anything - you can end up with some un-removable stains!

Willjay
08-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Kit came in last week. There was some delivery issue with Fed Ex and the tracking info so they went ahead and shipped another. They were very helpful and quick about replying to my inquiry about the shipment and didn't hesitate to send a replacement. Would recommend.

CarlD
08-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Did they send the K-2006 (the correct one) or the K-2005 (not the correct one)?

Willjay
08-02-2011, 03:53 PM
It says K-2006 on the box and uses the powder/drops method for chlorine testing. It's my understanding that is the key to the difference.

Watermom
08-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Yep. That's the one you want! You might be interested in seeing this: Taylor Technologies Online Testing Demos (http://www.taylortechnologies.com/products_choose_slideshow.asp)